More space. More light.
Current building works are underway to extend the upper floors towards the lightwell voids, increasing floor space by a total of 1,069 sqm. The stepped construction will invite more light into office interiors and allow for the addition of balconies on floors 3 through 7. The lightwell improvements as well UK House’s new lobby and basement areas are designed by Christ & Gantenbein, an award winning architectural practice based in Basel, Switzerland.
Balcony access on each floor
Each floor will gain full height glazing and direct access to a balcony through Schüco sliding doors. Glass balustrades will create a feeling of space and will not obscure the view to the light maximising feature wall.
- Walls - limestone cladding to original walls & Alucabond A2 cladding to new extensions
- Windows and doors - Schüco
- Full height windows to new extensions
- Balcony flooring - porcelain tiles
- Balcony balustrades - stainless steel and low iron glass
- Outdoor lighting - LED strip to balustrades